This software provides savings both in CNC run-time positioning and in CAD/CAM toolpath preparation.
Rapid positioning motions generated by CAD/CAM software do not take into account machine tool kinematics, workpiece setup and travel limitations and therefore, place the burden of responsibility for safe and efficient positioning onto the NC programmer.
Rapid positioning tool-paths often must be redeveloped and carefully verified by the NC programmer when migrating programs from one CNC machine to another.
SmartPATHTM, however, identifies inefficient and unsafe positioning motions and automatically replaces them with minimized collision free safe motions based on the actual machine tool kinematics, physical travel limits, axes positioning rates and the dynamically changing state of the in-process stock.
SmartPATHTM Benefit Highlights
- Reduces CAM programming time and fixture design time
- Based on actual machine kinematics, SmartPATH ensures efficient, collision-free multi-axis mac hine toolpaths
- Allows operators to automatically migrate a part program between CNC machines with different kinematics
- Reduces manufacturing cycle time and cost by minimizing non-productive machine tool motions and positions
- Optimizes the use of the machine's working envelope